Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Precious

As can be seen, I have a few things which are close to my heart, and I'll defend them for ever and a day. One of them is my neice, no matter what, she is the child that I can never have, the one person in this world that is equal to Lisa, in my eyes anyway.

There was a time a few years back that we'd do lots of things together, between her being 2 to around 4, I took her skating, bowling, to the cinema, and soft play area's. I'd push her buggy everywhere whilst she wasn't walking or I'd drive or even use public transport, but we'd go anywhere. Then it stopped! Why? Well my sister and her husband felt that I might corrupt there daughter, they felt they couldn't trust me. I was hurt, upset and most of all a felt a huge loss, similar to losing an arm or leg. My time with my neice was from now on spent with my mum. This felt as if I was being baby sat, whilst baby sitting. It didn't help, that my mum probably wouldn't want to go and see half the films she's done with my neice had I not been allowed to take her.

So today, for the first time in ages, I'm being allowed to take my neice to the cinema on my own, I'm really looking forward to this, we've not done this for ages. The old routine may well be implimented. By that, it's tickets, a drink (large so we can share), and one of the following sweets, pop-corn or ice cream (Ben and Jerries). Maybe and just maybe due to time constraints for myself, as I have to be in work for 1pm lunch out. It used to be unlimited lunch at Pizza Hut, but she doesn't eat enough to justify that, so perhaps KFC or Mac's for her, and something else for me. I don't know it depends on the time.

Oh I forgot, what are we going to see? ICE AGE 2, I hope it's as good as the previous film, as it was certainly enjoyable. This time is precious to me, it's something to treasure for a long time, and also a chance to prove to my sister that I'm not going to corrupt my neice, never will I do that. She'll find out when she's old enough to understand, but before then I'm not going to say a thing.

No comments: