Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Devoid

A blank canvas awaits me here, I'm devoid of ideas as to what to write, but want to write something, and thus I will.

Well the snow has all but gone right now, 3 days and hardly any left in sight. The only way I can say it snowed right now from where I am is the small remains of a snowman built by the children next door. It's sitting lonely and sad on the patio, waiting for the final burst of heat to melt it. Poor Mr Snowman, built to last only a few days gives pleasure to it's creator, but then withers away within a few days.

Enough lament, it's something that I'm trying to avoid, there is no real need yet for me to feel bad or sad about myself. Saying that thoguh, I went for a blood test at the doctors yesterday and it says it all, when the nurse turns around to you and tells you that nothing ever goes "normally" for you. I know I've said it myself, but when others do it brings it home. Still I'm not too bothered it almost comfirms my theory about myself.

It was back to work yesterd
ay for me, and though it wasn't too bad, I have to say it was another strange day in a way. We had problems with the door to our work room, the number lock system broke, leaving a colleague trapped inside our room, and then the young person who was due to come out with me, decided he didn't want to come and left me without any work. Strange, as things had gone to plan previously. I don't know why he didn't want to come out with me. Still it's something to explore and something to work on for next time.

It did however create some time for me to spend with my neice as she was around at my mum's having tea and bein
g looked after while mum and dad did various jobs. So after tea, and watching a couple of tv shows, she decided to play cards. So out came the money (grandma's small change jar was emptied and distributed between 3 equally), and off we went. Yes, we had a 9 year old playing cards for money, but when the amounts are 2p a game it isn't too bad and all the monies was returned to the jar afterwards. We also introduced her to the delights of Just A Minute on radio 4, which was fun. As we sat infront of the tv, with the radio on the tv(channel feed, not a physical radio sat on top of the tv.) playing cards, it took my mind back to years passed when I was the youngster playing the same game for the same stakes.


The cheeky grin and eyes that make my neice the one person in the world who can melt any walls I build up away in seconds.

No comments: