Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Salford Dreaming..

So here we are again, at the start of a new day, and I've got a smug looking smile across my face. OK, I may not be smug and the smile is because in general I'm pleased with things. The reason I've got a smug smile on my face is because that's how it looks.

Things have been fine of late and this weekends slow progress has given me a refreshing outlook on things. I know I missed a hen night which I could have gone too, and by the sounds of it, should have, but hey that's the way life is. I'm not going to look back and regret things (well not at the moment!!), so hey I had a good weekend, without drink and without the need of others. No I didn't do that either, it was a nice peaceful and restful weekend.

That smile has grown, not at the last comment, but one of my favourite songs has just started playing. It's California Dreaming, this is the Beach Boys version. I like the Beach Boys and I like this song, so it's always going to be a good choice. It's been ages since I heard this version and this song for that matter and you know how every now and again I go on about songs just hitting the mark this is it.... It's going to set the day in a great direction and it's also going to be in my head all day now!!! As far as music goes as well, over the weekend I found a band called Pink Martini, they may not be the band of choice of many of you, but go check them out please, even if I can find one other person who enjoys the different style of music good then I've done my job.

What else? Well not a lot really, I've nothing to report, so it's all coming from the odd looking head, well I say odd, more like freakish if you want the opinion of my niece. She's dead for that comment, but I'll use it here.

No comments: