Tuesday, March 20, 2012

SImple Walk

As I sat and typed yesterday I was doing so in the knowledge that I had sort of promised myself that I would post some of the thoughts I had whilst out walking.  I gave a over view of them by describing them as being fantasy, and that they are and don't deserve to be put out on here, as one of my favourite quotes from my little black book goes.

"Better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt".  

So the idea of writing what I think, unless it's got some meaning is going out of the window.  I certainly felt better for walking yesterday, though I did feel tired.  I had a meeting to attend in the evening, but went into Manchester before hand to buy some clothing to send to my aunt in Canada.  As I was on the tram into Manchester, I was reading my current book, the latest Dexter novel. However, it was a struggle as I could feel myself falling asleep, so I gave up about 2 or 3 stops before I was due to get off and put the book away to make sure I didn't fall asleep and subsequently wake up one stop to far.  It was after obtaining the shopping and grabbing some food that I had one of those crazy moments, that I'm putting down to being tired.  I saw a milkshake in a shop for sale, but for some reason thought I read it as Milk Free, Milkshake.  Why or how I don't know, but I double checked at least twice to make sure I wasn't correct in what I saw.  Once home last night and once I went to bed, I slept like a log and woke up at 5.55am, wondering why the breakfast show presenter was on the radio in the middle of the night, not really understanding that it was infact morning.  

Yesterday's walk told me lots of things about myself in terms of fitness, and todays was the same.  Both times were over an hour, though today I was just over an hour, but a good 20 seconds quicker than my time yesterday.  On both days I've had to stop at nearly the same point, yesterday to speak to a friend and today to post the clothes that I'd bought for my aunt off to Canada.  So when I get around to walking tomorrow, I'll hopefully not have any interuptions and I can perhaps get under the hour mark.  That shouldn't be a challenge as such, but it's so annoying that I'm walking at that pace, when I know I can do so much better than that, in fact in the time I am walking right now, I'd previously walked a full mile extra.  Still I'll keep at it, and I know that the times will tumble down and I hope my weight does as well.  I know I'm not putting anything on, but I've not lost for a month or two now, and I could do with losing more wieght.  

Good grief, as I'm typing this I've just yawned, and am starting to feel tired again.  I shouldn't be like this right now, however I am aware of all the ailments that I've had of late and so I know it's a combination of that and a lack of fitness regieme that's causing me to be so tired after a simple walk. 

No comments: