Sunday, November 12, 2006

Foxy Friday

I've left the blog a few days to calm down a bit, as I went a bit OTT with all those entries considering my previous record of late, but it still feels good to be posting again.

So what of the past few days? Well they've been a strange mix of moods, highs and lows with equal proportion and yet nothing which has given me a stupendous high or a climatic low. I've plodded along to the beat of life. Work hasn't been too bad either and so with every thing else I'm pleased to say I'm a little contented.

What else then? Well I can say that on Thursday morning, or it could have been Friday? Friday it was, I was busy sat in front of my computer either looking at various web pages or playing games and two cats who used to play in either my back garden or next door's before they got the dog were chasing and winding each other up between my garden and the one beyond that, but not in next door. After watching them for about 30 minutes or so, they suddenly ran off very quickly and out of my back garden and out of view. I didn't think much of it, till about a minute later, when I noticed something else clambering over the fence into next door's garden. I thought it was another cat at first, as it was a different colour to the previous cats, then I looked again and lo and behold at around 10.30 in the morning a fox was in next door's garden. A scruffy looking fox to be honest, not one of your bright orange and bushy tail creatures, but a rustic dark brown, similar to dirt and wood chip you have in your garden. Just about to publish this post when I had a sudden thought, the fox may well have been a vixen, and that could have explained the colouring and what ever? That would make things extremely interesting.

It's the first time I've seen a fox in next door's garden and certainly in daylight. I think I've only ever seen 1 fox before in day light and that was down the road from here at one of the school's I used to work at. Until then it had only been either at dawn or in the twilight period. Still it made my day in many ways, something completely different.

Another week or so to go before pay day and I think I might just hold out this month, it's a struggle, but I'm getting through it some how. I don't think my mum knows how much problems I've got, but I'm working at it to sort it out.

No comments: