Friday, April 15, 2011

It's Friday again, and I'm writing again. I don't know what I want to write, but I just fancy writing something whilst listening to the bbc iplayer from last night. I am at a loss in terms of things to talk about. This is so odd, normally I can find something to write about. I am sure that I have mentioned that I'm reading a book, looking at the history of England. I'm really enjoying reading this at the moment and history is something that I do enjoy, in fact I love history I think I've ignored my love of history for too long. That's probably due in part to the torrid time I had at uni doing history. As much as I loved it, it wasn't fun at that point and now reading this book and having watched a few tv shows over the past couple of years I'm rekindling my love of history. It's taking time to resurface and what aspect of history I'm wanting to explore I don't know. Perhaps I may have to take a look at the work of my aunt, to see what the family tree looks like, and see if I can find anything more, though my aunt has spent quite some time on this and I doubt that I'll be able to find much more. However knowing where I came from would be nice, in that sense. History though can be the most wonderful thing, every second that passes by is history, and whilst we may look back and think that now it's gone, it's done and dusted it never is. The past defines the present, and the present defines the future.

No comments: