Thursday, April 21, 2011

Aches and Pains

Here we are again, after a wonderful day yesterday, instead of walking I ended up going for a swim with a friend to the local pool. After 30 lengths, and feeling as good as I would have done had I gone walking I went home and relaxed for a while. I was going out last night to a concert and so I wasn't going to be doing much else, and guess what? I didn't do much else.

Late in the afternoon, we set off to the concert, met up with the same friend as before and headed off into Manchester on a shockingly crowded tram I must say, but once off the tram and a short walk down to the pub we met up with others and chatted away, whilst drinking and generally chilling out in a nice beer garden, the only issue was the noise of the traffic, but that was a minor consequence. The concert was wonderful, it truely was, I went to see Tim Booth, on his own this time rather than being the singer of James. I'm so glad that I went, a week earlier and it was highly likely that I wouldn't have gone I was in that sort of mood, but this week everything has begun to click back into place and I'm functioning again, all be it at now I would say 80%, as opposed to say 10% this time last week.

In December of last year I saw James play the MEN Arena and whilst the whole day was a mish mash of events with heavy snow over night, a meeting in Manchester to attend, great friends, losing my phone I hadn't really enjoyed the concert all that much. One of my friends didn't, we both felt it just wasn't quite right. I know many others who loved the show so, perhaps it was us. However last night was the opposite it was a wonderful show in a really nice small venue, which added it's character to the night I guess. So by the time I got home it was nearly 1am, and by the time I was getting to bed it was 1am.

This morning I've woken up with a small bout of sniffles, when haven't I recently if I've been swimming the day before? A bit of a sore throat, and very tired legs and feet. I guess the swim and then standing at the gig wasn't the greatest combination. However, it was well worth the aches and pains of this morning to have gone last night.

No comments: