Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Where was I?

Another day is about to begin, while sitting listening to the odd bird calls on this autumnal morning I can reflect on yesterday very clearly. Nothing really went wrong, and nothing happened to make me feel like it could go wrong, but I'm sure that I was elsewhere.

Where was I? Well my mind was clearly on other things rather than work or I'd have managed to run my group better than I did. Here I go on the beat myself up road again I hear you all shout. That isn't going to happen, as although things could have gone better, we really didn't have much to complain about. I just think that I didn't concentrate on the job at hand 100%. I was probably 75% there and 25% in my own little world. Things could have been better, but they weren't, though at the end of the session everyone seemed to have had a good time of it, and that is the most important aspect of it. We didn't make the clay models that I had planned, for the simple reason the clay hadn't arrived and thus made it impossible. So we bought some biscuit mixes and let them make biscuits. That was very messy and very funny.

I don't think being focused 100% would have made the biscuit making perfect, but I guess things would have gone better than planned. Still what's done is done and as mentioned above, the young people enjoyed themselves.

So what was taking up a quarter of my mind? Well nothing important I guess, just me flinging idea's around. I took enough of my mind off the job at hand, which isn't good, but then again it is wonderful that I can say what I have about this above. I did my job on three quarter speed, which re-affirms my beleif in my own abilities. It's a crazy thing to say, but every now and again things like this does one some good. I would recommend it to anyone. I'll have to say sorry to Dawn and to all the volunteers over the next week or so, but hey they'll probably think I'm going crazy. Oh crazier than normal.

After work, I watched the soccer over at my mum's and while it wasn't entirely engrossing, it was watchable and did just enough to frustrate me. That's the problem with this current United side, they can cruise along in no danger of losing many games, but they don't seem to have the instinct to kill teams either. They need someone with the killer instinct to transform this team.

No comments: