Thursday, October 20, 2005

Interesting

Nothing beats an interesting day at work, no matter who you are. The more interesting and varied you get the easier the days go by. Yesterday was just one of those days, in that while nothing really stand out took place, everything was interesting to make it go quicker than normal and more so it kept me thinking all of the time. In some ways I would like all days to be like this, but it can't be.

So what else to write about? Well not too much in that while it was certainly a nice day in work, with the exception of a colleagues car having the drivers window smashed and part of her radio taken.

My enthusiasm from earlier in the week is still intense and I can't wait to speak to my line manager over what I would like to do and where I want to go with the idea's that I've got. It's not going to be the normal thing done by this project, but I've got the chance to leave a lasting impression on the place and in a very short space of time. I don't know if it's possible, but I would certainly hope it would be. Mind you it would mean quite a lot of outing myself to lots of people and doing a lot of training perhaps. I don't really mind the those things, but that would restrict the time line I guess.

So we come to today, and what work have I got on? Well none as such. I'm going to go into work around 10am I think as I want to check if anything has come through in terms of expenses or even pay slips. I would also want to speak to a social worker with regards a child that I worked with yesterday, and discuss what action to take. Depending on how I feel and how generous I am, I may also take a group on for the colleague that had her car damaged last night. I don't need to do any of the above, as I've got my hours in already for this week, and thus apart from taking a child to repsite I've no reason to go into work. This is how I like it. I'd rather be up on my hours by Thursday every week, so that Fridays are free to do what I like. Perhaps in a couple of weeks or so I'll manage to get all my hours in before Friday and take my mum shopping to Preston. It's a place I've not been too in a couple of years. I liked it last time.

Anyhow, this hasn't seen me go too deep into my mind or into life has it. Things must be getting better?? Well don't think that please as we all know that my next big fall is just around the corner.

No comments: