Thursday, October 27, 2005

Pain Is

Well after a clear record of not going near a dentist for near enough 10 years I had to break that about 4 months ago, when I had a wisdom tooth pulled out along with an absess which was growing on it. The pain prior to it's removal was too much to describe. I was drinking around 1 or 2 tins of alcohol, be it beer or cider, and taking around 8 paracetmol's a day. That was just to abate the pain for a a few hours till the next set of pain killers. Then just about 3 weeks ago, after buying some chewing gum, I realised that part of a tooth had come away while chewing. It was another of my wisdom teeth, this time on the other side.

Now like previously, I didn't dash to the dentist, but then I've not got a dentist as I'd not been for so long. I had to go to the local dental hospital. I delayed and delayed going, but the pain from this new problem while not being as bad, was still enough to drive me crazy. I ended up at the dental hospital on Tuesday and with the same results as the last time in that they took out another of my wisdom teeth. This time it hurt more than the last, which I was a little upset with. Still the tooth is out, and the pain has gone or so I thought. For all of Tuesday I was still in pain, mainly from the treatment I guess. Yesterday, after waking up fine, as the day wore on I became increasinly unwell, the sense of wanting to be sick was constant.

I feel fine this morning, and I'll wait and see as to if I go into work today. If I'd known how yesterday was going to turn out, I'd have stayed off work, but I wasn't to know how bad I would feel at the end of the day. I'm going to give today a go, as I don't have to work till late on, and that's handy. I hate feeling like this, it's being in limbo that I hate. I'd rather be sick and ill than not be and be almost waiting for it to take place.

Anyway apart from that?? The lowlights that is watching the Edmonton Oilers continues, it's now 7 straight games without a win. This is now bordering on the unforgivable, that would be the worst thing I could say about this team. Whilst I hate having to call them, it's getting to the point where something has to happen. I do think the coaching is an aspect which has to be considered a failure, and it's the coaches position which is most under threat. The club has to do something and fast. On the soccer front things are going ok, though not brilliant, another almost excellent performance on Saturday from United. They should have won, but they didn't play for the full 90 minutes, they thought they'd won the game at half time.

Work has been a mixed bag to be honest. I've taken a bit of flak from my manager for going to the dentist this week, but that's just something that has ran off my back. I can understand her arguement, but then again I had to do what is best for me at the same time. I did have a supervision meeting with her prior to the dentist and to be honest that was very interesting. Some of the views that I expressed in terms of what I would like to do are part of her plans. She's got similar idea's on how to drag the project forward, though some are way out of line of mine. I guess this is going to be a fun time to work at Barnardo's. I think I may work on David to come back, he might just start to enjoy it again.

No comments: