Thursday, October 06, 2005

Welcome Back

NHL Hockey is BACK!!! The OILERS win the first game back and that's always good to hear. I went to bed quite early yesterday and woke up around 4.10 to listen to the match. I know I should have woken up at 3am instead, for the whole match, but I didn't and so I got a good half a game in.

It's been too long as far as I'm concerned, the getting up in the middle of the night to listen to Rod Phillips and Morley Scott screaming goal is something I've missed. It's back and it's going to be back a long time. The only way it will be any different is the chance to watch the games straight online. I can't see that being done for at least 3 more years. I wish I'm wrong, as it would be nice to watch all the Oilers games rather than just listen. I've no idea which part of the arena the radio guys are calling from, so I don't know which is the left or right when they call it. One day I'll find out and can then gain a better picture in my head. It's so unlike listening to soccer, where I can picture most grounds.

Well it's now October and the days are getting shorter and it's getting nearer to Christmas, so that means only 1 thing, we'll start getting adverts for..... Yes, Easter Eggs!!! Well as we had Halloween and Christmas stuff in shops in early September, we've got every right to expect Easter presents soon. It does get silly, but do we really have to have it so early? Still I'm feeling odd still, which I guess is good.

Things are going along ok, though they could be better I suppose. I've got to get things sorted out for work next week, and the car has to go into the garage tomorrow. It's then downhill all the way then. I can sit back and enjoy the rest of the month, or at least I hope I can.

No comments: