Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Those were the days

Gazing out of the window, pondering how to start I'm trying to work out what the weather is trying to do today.  It's flirting between ominous dark clouds and a breeze to wonderful sunny conditions, not to warm, but not cold either.  I mention this as later on I'm going swimming down in the local Quays as I did last year.  I'd rather it be warmer than colder out, as that will drop the temperature right down.  However all in the name of fun, fitness and health.  

One will write up if I can get past the 400m mark from last time, but I doubt I'll be able to do that, I'm not sure I'm any stronger than last time.  Let's wait and see.  I'm going along this time with someone else, an old friend of mine who I used to work with.  It suddenly dawned on me it's been ages since we last saw each other last night, just about the same time I spotted someone on facebook with whom I've had little contact with for years.  It brought back many happy memories of time gone by when perhaps I was a little more care free, and not as introverted as I am now.  

I shouldn't look back at those time, as much as I was less introverted and more out going, I think I was over compensating and whilst I'd like to think that they were enjoyable in many respects, I know I wasn't happy through those times..  However, some of the memories of some of the stuff we got up to, sticks with me, and I don't want to forget them.  That's the strange thing with life I guess, that in the darkest corners of our lives we find some really enjoyable moments which stick with us, more than say any other enjoyable moment.  Is it because that is stronger as it's cutting through the torridness that is life at that point?  

What ever it is, to those that suffered with me, laughed with me, and at me, those that watch me suffer and cause hurt and pain through my actions, thanks for being there at that moment in time.  Maybe we'll be able to sit down and catch up one day with a drink and a meal.  Oh those were the days as the song went.

No comments: