Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Unwell

I hate feeling unwell, be it toothache, be it a sports injury or similar, but the one thing I hate most of all is a cold. It's not the lethargy or anything like that which I hate, it's the bunged up nose, and sore throat. Right now, I'm suffering and it's making me feel down. Not down to make me feel miserable for a constant period, just down on me right now.

I blame my niece and myself for this, but it's still no compensation to me right now, to understand how I am feeling. However I'm aware in the back of my mind that others are going through a lot worse and my thoughts go out to a friend off one of the message boards I post on. She's going into hospital today for a serious operation and my well wishes and thoughts are with her right now. My cold is so insignificant in comparison that I shouldn't even be talking about it, but hey if I didn't I wouldn't be writing this.

So what of the past few days? Well I've read the new Harry Potter book, I've been in work and watched United play football. Apart from that not a lot else. I spent the weekend reading and that was such a welcome break. I should do it more often, but it's finding books that really interest me. I should start reading more Star Wars books, but it's where to keep them that bothers me right now. If not them, then my favourite other reading is biographies, and then it has to be someone that interests me. So for some reason I limit myself, I should open my mind to other area's I guess, but that's difficult, as I often can't get into books and thus they sit around gathering dust. I have a couple of books in mind that I wouldn't mind reading so I may pop to the library and see if they have them in and if not order them.

No comments: