Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Trepidation

It's Tuesday again! and I approach this afternoon with some trepidation, as I've got to go back to school and approach those involved in last weeks problems. It's not that I'm strong enough to make complaints, it about me not being able to face to face with these people. I'm strong in some area's but not that one, I'm glad that I'll have Lisa around me for what will be the last time in this academic year I'll visit the school.

Why am I so scared? I don't really know, it's not as if I've ever done wrong, it's an odd feeling to be honest. Those involved have known me for some time, and have for various reasons taken positions of authority over me in terms of employment status, but apart from that nothing else. So why should I be so scared to face them? Maybe it stems from the fear of being disciplined at work again. Having gone through it once before I didn't want to go through it again and of course it made my life hell for such a long time that being on the verge of repeating it was an awful experience. I think I took that for longer than I really should have and it's perhaps that which causes my fears.

My meeting with my line manager yesterday didn't produce a real positive answer to this, but at least it's been recorded and from here on in, it's all about them dropping themselves into it. I do hope they do, as it would be an interesting situation to watch, though as I'd be in the middle of it, I wouldn't get to see it pan out properly. That's the sad part about it, since I like watching things like that, even before I became more active in the union.

A shorter post than normal today, a bit of time restraints and also lack of creative juices to be honest. Still let's see how the day pans out, I may end up with another post later on. I will add to the photo blog again. I've got a couple of really good photo's from yesterday to display to the world.

No comments: