Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Mish Mash

Well it's Boxing Day again, and I'm not going to question the reason why it's called so, as I did that last year. I will however reveal that this years Christmas present list consisted of 2 t-shirts, 1 hooded top, 1 new fleece and a game of scrabble. Oh the joys of Christmas. Gone are the days when I'd get something other than t-shirts etc. It's not that I don't mind getting t-shirts etc, as it's the giving and not the receiving that matters at Christmas, but it's always nice to get something original, and unfortunately I've had nothing like that for a while now.

I'm not going to let it effect my mood mind you, it's still in a positive mode, well as positive as "icky" can be and though the weather hasn't been great of late I'm not allowing that to jolt any sort of depression upon me. I do know that the grey skies above the house are holding plenty or moisture, and it will fall either as rain or snow in the next few days. It hasn't been that cold to snow as yet this winter, but it's always nice to see a little bit of the white stuff at any point in the year. We get so little of it anymore that we've got to make the most of what we get.

Talk of the weather leads me to go back in time to something I said to my mum the other day, we are now past the 21st of December, which is officially the shortest day of the year, and thus we are now on our way to spring and summer. It may not seem that way, but as we have pasted the half way stage of the winter I'm starting to look forward to the long summer days again, even if that means playschemes.

I saw my niece yesterday as of course she went around to my mum's to collect her presents, it wasn't long before the dvd was in action with one of the dvd's she got for Christmas of myself. Whilst watching that, she was playing her Nintendo DS, that she got for Christmas. I was quite suprised at the thing to be honest, I've not seen one in close up action like that before and they are way above what I sort of expected of them. So credit to Nintendo for the creation that is the DS. Not that I'll be buying one like, it's just that I was a little taken aback by it.

As for me, and me in depth? How am I? Well as I've described "icky" before I can't really add a better description than that right now. I must say that on Christmas eve I sat in front of my pc, and if I'm write I was perhaps writing here, or else where, when I got a pang of loneliness, but I fought it off with some hard talking to myself. I accept that I am feeling lonely, but if I'm OK with it then so be it. At other points in the year I may say the opposite, but right now it isn't an issue. I've got so many things going on right now that I'm more than happy to leave that topic till another day.

No comments: