Thursday, December 07, 2006

The End is near!

A huge title for this post, but one with a little meaning to it. Before anyone panics that I'm thinking of killing myself again. Well I don't mean I've killed myself before now, or else how would I be posting here?? I'm not an immortal nor am I some sort of time hopping alien, I'm just referring to me THINKING of killing myself again. That hasn't been the case of late anyway. The title of the post refers to the fact we are in December and that of course it means the end of the year is upon us again.

Over the next month or so I'll probably start to reflect heavily on what has been another packed year for myself with some highs and lows and lot's in between. I wouldn't suggest it's the best year of my life, but it's not the worse by a long way. So the last six months or so have been filled with depression and recovery, it's not been as bad as some years.

So what has been going on since the last post, which seems like ages ago now. Well I've been surviving again, and doing so in some fashion. Whilst not being too happy with things at work, due in part to the incompetence of a colleague who has managed to throw back all the support I've given her over the past six months in my face in one weekend, I'm happy with the way things are going. I've worked none stop at work for the past three weeks now, and so I'm looking forward to a quiet weekend where I can sit down and relax and hope to disperse all the stresses and tensions built up from work over recent weeks. I'm starting to suffer from headaches right now, which is due in part to work.

My leg still has some bruising on it, and most of the heavy bruising has gone, though the internal bruising is still there. If I look at my leg, you can still see how much darker the skin around the area where I hit the bath than the rest of my leg. This is now five weeks on and still some surface bruising exists. It's certainly the worst that I've ever suffered, and that's saying something considering the state of my legs.

I'm down to just a couple of presents to get for Christmas now, and that's pleasing to know, but of course the presents left are going to be hard to find as I don't know what to obtain for those that I need. That though makes Christmas all the more exciting I guess. I do know that within the next week or so I'm going to have to go into mum's loft and get all the decorations and stuff down. It's a hell of a job, due to the state of mum's loft, but hey it's gotta be done.

No comments: