Sunday, February 19, 2006

Sporadic

I must say I'm sorry for the sporadic nature of the posts in here of late. I've no excuses really, just that I keep putting back when I'm going to write something. The other excuse is that over the past week or so I've been so tired when getting in that I've done nothing but mooch around the web before going to bed.

So what's been going on? Well yesterday for the first time in 85 years, Manchester United lost to Liverpool in a FA Cup game. It means oh so much more to see United lose to them, and more so to see that incredible cup record broken. That wasn't the only thing broken though yesterday. Alan Smith, broke his leg, damaged all his ankle ligaments and dislocated his ankle, all in one go. How did he do that? Blocking a shot plain and simple, it was an ugly injury and for those Canadian's who think soccer isn't a game to get bad injuries look here....
Not pretty and this isn't any vulcanised rubber puck that hit him, but a regular soccer ball. You can only imagine the pain he was in. Let's just say that he needed oxygen before he left the pitch on a stretcher. It's going to be a long time before we see him play again, but we wish him a speedy recovery.

No comments: