Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Centurian the White Rabbit

Well it's here, the month of November and perhaps more significantly the 100th post of this blog. I didn't know where I'd be taking this thing when I started, I did say that it would be a journey rather than a walk around the block. It's been something of a help to me at times, it's been a nightmare at times, but I'm glad that after a break around the months of April and May, that I came back to here and got into the routine of posting something here on a regular basis.

May I once again thank JANET for the inspiration to begin this journey. It was reading her blog, which made me choose to begin here. I need to thank everyone to whom I've come in contact with over the time since I began. Without them, I'd have little to write about and even though I could make this interesting about my past, and I'm sure that it would be a good read, this isn't about the past, this is about the present. My past is gone, it has an effect on who I am and how I am seen by the rest of the world, but it's the present to which I'm concerned about.

I can't link anything to Lisa, to whom I owe so much. Without her though, I doubt I'd be here to write this and I guess that's kind of important.

Ok, so what has been going on then since the last post?? Well I was due to go shopping with my mum into Manchester on Sunday morning, but as the weather was rather nasty we decided against it. Not that we chickened out, it's just that with Manchester being so much in the open, it was perhaps better to go another day. Plus, as my mum is meeting up with her sister in Manchester on Wednesday, it was felt tht two trips to do the same things in a matter of days would be pointless. So we went round Salford instead. Now Salford shopping centre used to be ok, it was different to the nearer Eccles centre when I was a kid. Salford had proper shops it contained a Marks and Spenser and Woolworth. It was a bus ride away, but it was somewhere different.

As time went by, both the shopping centres of Eccles and Salford went into decline. Shops left both places and some shop spaces never got filled. With the construction taking place of the near by Trafford Centre, no one really wanted to open a shop next door to what was then Europe's largest indoor shopping mall. It would be financial suicide. So today, both Eccles and Salford offer a variety of shops the likes of which 15 years ago you wouldn't have guessed. The amount of £1 shops and charity shops is crazy, but they must be making a profit as these shops have been there for at least 5 years now. It's very much a place to grab stuff rather than going to the big supermarkets with. The shopping centre's have taken over the local corner shops in many ways, which is sad as the corner shop was a place of vital importance to the communities.

Enough of the social aspect of life and back to Sunday. Once we'd done the shopping, home we went and a spot of watching some classic tv, ok so perhaps Robin of Sherwood, isn't a big classic, but as a kid growing up this was staple Saturday night fare for a few years. I've rediscovered it this year, and though it's aged a bit, it's still fun to watch. Sunday dinner was made for mum and I, whilst mum was out. All that we needed to do when I got back from picking her up was to serve it up.

Yesterday at work was a bit mad in many ways. I made arrangements to see someone at 5pm, forgetting that I'd already agreed to cover another members of staff's work at 5.30pm. It was a good job I remembered as it was around 2.30 in the afternoon that I did so. Only 30 minutes before I was due to collect my own service user for a session. Had I not recalled this I'd have forgot and would have got into a bit of trouble. Luckily, on arriving at the 5pm appointment, I was able to rearrange this for Thursday, and thus saved the bacon as such. Though I spent more than I would normally yesterday on the service users, more so the extra work in the evenning I'm not going to complain. The person to whom I worked with is one of those people that you get on with easily and one who's gone through more than any 11 year old should have.

Today's plan is simple.... I'll try and get an appointment for some beauty treatment for this morning shortly. Once I've done that, I'll get ready, go to the appointment and then back to work. I've got a team meeting before my group tonight. After all of that it's straight to the shops to purchase the latest Star Wars dvd. Which reminds me to see if I've got enough hours left with my over time to claim a day off either later this week or late next week. I want to spend a day watching all six Star Wars films in order. I know it's geekish, but to hell with what the rest of you think, I like Star Wars, and though I'm not obsessive about it. Well I'm close to it, I can do what I'm like, I'm an adult by law. Some would argue that, but I am.

Just as an after thought, and one that I picked up with after originally publishing this post, I'm only around 20 veiws of this blog having been visited 1000 times. Even if it means me jumping up my own counter, the next entry will only come after that total is met. So tell anyone who you know reads this and possibly enjoys it to do so to get the next entry up sooner rather than later!!!!

No comments: