Friday, November 25, 2005

Nelson

So here we are at the end of another week, another week filled with beauty, anger, happiness and sadness. It's going to be a week, where the world will lose a genius. Flawed genius, but a genius all the same.

George Best, will I guess be dead within the next 24 hours, at 59 years old a young death for a sporting superstar, who shone as bright as any. For all you hockey loving readers, George Best is only comparable to Wayne Gretzky. He had everything you want from a soccer player, with it he added, good looks and charm. He had the choice of women, and the press loved him. Unfortunately he found solace in alcohol, and this is what has cost the world the life of this genius. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. Supporters of soccer everywhere will mourn his death and we in Manchester will mourn some more.

So onto today, I'll have to go into work today, as I never got to say goodbye properly to Vicki yesterday. She leaves today and is heading off to Winnipeg for 4 months next week. I know I'll probably see her in the future, but it's still not nice letting her get away with leaving without a goodbye. She's done that one before on me, and for someone to whom I class as a dear old friend it's not acceptable on my part for letting it happen. I'll miss her being around though we've failed to chat properly whilst she's been back with us at Barnardo's.

It's going to be a good friends day today though, as Lisa is on her way home for the weekend and tonight we are going to the local shopping mall to have a look around and then go on for something to eat. Tomorrow night we may even go into Manchester for a drink or dance, I'm not 100% sure but what ever we do, we'll enjoy ourselves and let our hair down together for a change. It's been a while since we last did that, but it's going to be fun. Both of us have reasons to let everything go, and that always makes going out and enjoying yourself the better.

No comments: