Monday, November 21, 2005

Missed Season

Wow, it's cold.... Ok, for all you people in Canada and possibly Denmark, it isn't that cold, but it is for this little girl. This time last week, I was seriously concerned that most of the tree's still had leaves on, all be it brown, but still on the trees. Then last Thursday we had a drop in temperature, and the leaves began to fall. As I look out of my window right now, the tree in vision has only a handful of leaves left and it's a very cold and foggy morning. I hadn't put the fire on in the room till last Thursday, and right now it's going on with regularity.

At some point it's gone from being summer to winter without touching fall. It's certainly crazy mixed up weather we're having. I know that the weather forcasters have been predicting a cold winter, but this has come as a jolt. Still once I get working I'll be fine, but of course I'm feeling the chill. I can tell just by the speed at which I'm typing and how many mistakes I'm making. It's difficult to get the fingers moving. So, it's back to drinking lots of hot drinks and also heating the room up every now and again. It didn't help opening the window to try and and get a picture of the above mentioned tree.

I guess while I'm talking about weather and seasons, here's my theory about it. None of this theory is sustainable in terms of facts and figures, but still I believe it. From what I recall as a kid, and we all do that don't we, fall used to start in October, last untill mid November and then winter would kick in. For those of you who stumble across this from the southern hemisphere please transfer winter and summer around. Anyway, back to the theory and seasons past. I've noticed over the years that winter has started to come later and later, and that fall lasts longer than ever.

Global warming can be held accountable to some extent, but for me the possibility is that we in the Northern hemisphere seem to swapping positions with the Southern hemisphere. By that I mean, when we should be in winter, we are getting weather more accustomed to fall, and when in spring it's more like winter. Is the earth changing it's axis? I can't back this up, but the more I think about it, and recall how things were I get this voice saying it is possible. Still I'm only a little girl with no scientific evidence to back up this, so take it as you will.

In terms of me, my health seems to be being hit by the weather. I'm in need of going to the doctors at some point in the next few days to get checked up. My shoulders, legs amongst other things need to be checked. I don't tend to go to the doctor with just 1 thing wrong, it tends to be 3 or 4. I've also noticed this weekend, what seems to be either a tooth or reminents of tooth at the back of the gums where they extracted the wisdom tooth a few weeks back. That needs a check up of course. I blame my mum for that, as she's got a similar problem, and she has had false teeth for as long as I've been alive. This is quite odd.

No comments: