Friday, December 31, 2004

End of the Year

So here we are at the end of 2004, this time tomorrow, a lot of the nation will be waking up to a sore head, self induced with too much alcoholic drinks, and very little food. I'm not sure what I'll be doing for New Years Eve, but this year in a brief reveiw hasn't been too bad. In fact it hasn't been bad at all, in fact I can actually say it's been a "normal" year for me. I put the normal in speech marks, as I can't say it's been average as my average has always been negative, but this year hasn't been negative. Though I wouldn't say it's been a good year, it's probably been a normal year for the majority of the world.

I'm not going to post a reveiw in terms of events, as I'd be here forever and a day. Instead I'll leave it as the above.

So today my plans have to involve a trip up to my union offices to see them with regard work. I suddenly remembered that going on the sick, though meaning I get paid, whilst being off work isn't the best thing to do. I can't volunteer or work for Barnardo's whilst on the sick and that means another source of income is closed to me. Which when you need the income, isn't helpful. I'm hoping that the union may be able to offer me some proper advice and help me through this spell. Refering to the the start of this Blog, I don't feel to negative in terms of what there response will be. I'm in fact expecting them to be helpful towards me. Had this been a normal year by my own standards, I'd be sat here telling you that they won't help me, as that is the norm for me.

The above has a lot to do with my own personal development over the past 12 months, though I've still got a long way to go, and some people who have been on the other end of me telling them that it's a pointless cause for me may not say this. I have improved a hell of a lot over the past 12 months. I'm more calmer and rational than I've ever been in my life, I'm not living on the edge as much. Again that hasn't been clear of late, but that has been down to the situation at school, and I've now rid myself of that. I've been threatening to do this for a while now, but have never had the courage or determination to do what I've done, another positive. Let's just see how this develops in 2005.

Slightly contradicting everything I've just said, 2005 isn't looking good in terms of my own physical being. I've got the shoulder problems, which far from improving with exercises has gotten worse. I was told to expect that, but not to expect the other shoulder to start showing similar symptoms. How to cope with two frozen shoulders?? Then I've got the biopsy on my liver which takes place in a week or so time. I hate to think what that is going find out. Then of course I've got a voluntary operation to take up at some point in the next 3 or 4 months. My health is a big issue this coming year.

Anyway, enough typing my shoulders are hurting me again, and I'm going to cook myself a breakfast. I think a good old English Breakfast is in order today. Not the most healthy of ways to start a day, but certainly one of the most enjoyable.....

No comments: