Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Cracked

Well, it's coming up to 17 hours since I last wrote in here, and so much has gone before me being at home and ready to write. School was probably the lowest of the low. I can't recall, but I'm sure I mentioned that I thought I'd hit the all time low, when I spent all day shredding documents the other week. Today however was lower than that!! I know it's hard to suggest such a thing, but I can. I spent 70% of the morning folding paper. Yes, folding an A4 sheet of paper, in half to make a booklet for the Carol Service in the afternoon. I can't describe how pissed off I am with this. Instead of hiding away in some remote office out of sight of the rest of the school. I took this down to the library where everyone could come and see what I was doing, and thus let everyone know what a sad pathetic job I've got. You know no one made a comment, the knowing looks was enough to suggest that either A) they felt I desereved nothing more than that, or B) they felt ashamed of the position they'd let me fall into. Well I'm not going back to school in January, I QUIT. I don't care about working my notice, I'm just not going back.

I spent the best part of the afternoon trying not to break down, more so as the school was full of parents and visitors for the above mentioned carol service. I did break down at 3.30, and too hell with them, I shouldn't be in that position to do that. I had to hold back from writing my resignation letter on the school computers for fear that it would be dragged up in the future. Well it's going to be typed out tonight. I don't care at all. I'll go out and steal to eat if I have to, anything is better than folding paper.

Let's see how they cope without me. Both the head and one of the Deputy's claim that I'm vital to the running of the school!! Well let's see what they do when I just don't turn up and don't return any calls in a couple of weeks. Let them sort out the place without me, let them find someone else to fold the papers, to be a the beck and call of everyone else, I'm simply not prepared to do it anymore. Let's see how many people do next years Christmas shopping, let's see who does the school shopping full stop without me. Oh I know it will be done, and I know for a fact that they'll employ a specific driver to drive the bus. What get's me is that they'll get more money than what I'll have ever been on.

I'm now ready for Christmas alright, full of hate, anger and enough upset to last me through till the end of the turkey. Thank you SPRINGWOOD PRIMARY SCHOOL, my Christmas has been made oh so much more normal by you lot. The thought of going back or going to prison, which one? Prison, at least it will be warm and I'd be fed...


No comments: