Saturday, September 08, 2012

Tempting Fate/Jinxing Myself.

About 2 hours ago I started to write a post in here, describing the moring that sat before me, comparing it with glourious mornings spent in the Lake District many years ago.  I tempted fate, why did I tempt fate so full in the face.  An hour ago I heard knocing and banging, at first I thought it was the post man trying to deliver a parcel, I'm waiting for a parcel to arrive so I went to look, but no it's the handy men of the landlord working next door.  Add to that they've just started to sort out the back garden with the lawn mower and strimmer going for the past 30 or 40 minutes.  

As individuals I like the guys, but the timing this morning was perfectly wrong...... I tempted too much fate, is today going to be one of those days where everything that I try or think is happening going to be ruined by something else??  I hope not, for tonight is one of those great nights of the year.  For some amongst us the Eurovision Song contest is the annual musical night of the year, for me and many others though the Last Night of The Proms is the night and that is tonight.

Growing up I used to really dislike the Last Night, except for all the silly bits at the end of the night.  It was classical music without words and really for the posh people.  As I've grown older, I have found a fondness for classical music, though no big fan, I can listen and really enjoy it, and more so when it's played live as it is on the last night.  I still love the silliness of the sea shanties and the mad ending of Rule Britaina etc, and will no doubt join in as such tonight, however it's now part of my annual viewing or listening.  So tonight I'll try to watch it, if not I'll certainly listen to it.  

Obviously something is going to go wrong with this plan, as today's already started with a jinz as such, so let's see what it is tonight that shuts me down?  A power cut perhaps?  A phone call?  Who knows???


No comments: