Friday, September 02, 2011

A new month, a new year.

Oh so I start this post in a new month with a new interface design in which to write, which looks a bit simpler than the previous version.  So far so good with it, and so on with the show as they say.


I have reasons to write, I've had an intervew recently, however as they said they'd contact me at the start of this week and I've heard nothing my hopes of hearing anything are falling.  I'm not giving up hope, as they told me when I sent the application off that I'd hear by the 25th March if I had an interview or not, but it was only 2 weeks ago that they called and asked me in for the said interview.  The longer though it goes the less likely I'll hear anything and whilst it's a shame, and whilst I'd set my heart on this post when I applied and it was a contributing factor to the horrific months of February through April, where I was very down, I'm not going to let this get to me.


Whilst I've been waiting for the phone call or mail with regards this post I've had little moments where I've questioned myself over it.  I've had small moments where I've felt really down, but I realise that this was always going to be a wing and a prayer, I've no experience, I told them that in the interview, perhaps not the wisest move, but it was an honest move as I don't have any office job experience.  My honesty might work against me, but I don't want to go in and shout my praises and fail badly, I want to be honest, I want to sell myself and make them want to give me a chance.  I gave it my best last week and so I sit and wait, but knowing that I'm probably the least likely to get the post because of the above, I move on.  


Talking of moving on, or should I say moving!  I had an appointment with a doctor over my knees on Wednesday.  I had to laugh after talking about the problems, he asked me to lock my knees back, the bad knee as such cracked so loudly that he winced and another doctor poked her head around the curtains to see if everything was alright.  It was, but it was funny as it doens't normally crack like that.  He ordered some X-Rays, and found some debris in the knee, but nothing that warrents going in and cleaning it up as of yet.  The cruciate is a bit weak, but that he thinks is due to the previous surgery I've had on it.  What he did find though was that my quads aren't supporting my knee as much as they should.  This he feels is why I'm having so many problems with it of late.  So I'm going to get some rehab on them.  


All these issues above and you know what? I'm feeling a bit good, maybe it's because it's September, maybe it's because I'm being positive and am seeing things differently, I don't know but things seem to be OK.  I guess hearing my eyes are fine, that my knee won't need surgery yet etc, is convincing me that the aches and pains that I've been feeling on and off over the summer are nothing more than aches and pains and nothing any more serious than that.  What I do know is that I'm on solid ground at the moment and that's good.  


September will be bringing lots of things this year.  I've got another open water swim session to do, which I'm looking forward to, a wedding, and this year a small matter of a birthday that should be bigger than it is.  I say that as I'm going to be 40 by the time next month starts.  Wow!!!  I guess that I should celebrate as at times over the years I never thought I'd get near being 40.  However, 40 years is a heck of a long time, it sort of makes me feel OLD, I know it's very much middle age, but when I speak to some people that I know, and I see that they are either in the 20's or younger I start to realise just how bloody old I am.  These are people who may well have been born after I'd left school, let alone was still at school.  Age is of course just a number, but sometimes it hits you like a brick shot out of a brick throwing machine.  I'm not alone though, my best friend will be 40 a few days later, and though she loves to remind me I'm the old git of us both, this time next month we'll both be the same age.  Crimes how long does that mean our friendship is?  35+ years I think it is?  All I know is that in Lisa, I've got the greatest friend in the world, I will never find a friend as good as she's been.  Thanks Lisa.

No comments: