Friday, December 30, 2005

Nearly the End

This could mean a lot of things for myself, but as it happens I'm refering to the impending end of the calendar year.

Lot's of events which have been documented here have taken place, good things, bad things, new things and even the reappearance of old things. It's been a unique year for all of us. 2006 approaches with much hope as well as sadness.

I hope beyond hope that things get better for Lisa, and also in a way for myself. We both deserve a bit more good fortune than we have had this year. For me it's not been as bad as previous years, but it's still bad compared to the majority of people. It's been the same for Lisa, but it's the first time she's really been put through the mill like this and it's taking it's toll on her.

I do however fear that 2006 will see great sadness in my life once more. I have my cousin, though thousands of miles away in Canada who has terminal cancer, and the prognosis isn't good for next year. I haven't seen her for at least 6 years, and I miss her badly. She was the first member of my family either nuclear or extended who showed any sort of interest in me, and would write to me on regular basis when I was a child. I never have managed to say thank you for that, and it pains me to see her die.

It's going to be a tough stretch, but 2006 will come and go in no time what so ever and in 12 months time I shall probably be writing an entry similar to this one. If so then 2006 hasn't been as bad as I expected, but it wouldn't have been a good year. I should point out that this year will be the 5th year since my dad died and also will bring about my neices 10th birthday, but that's 12 months away as it was her birthday yesterday....

That reminds me I don't think I'm in her good books, she was asking for a Nintendo DS from me for her birthday, but I can't afford that. Yet a 9 year old was telling me to put it on my credit card and that if I can't afford the repayments I should phone up some loan company to get them to help me out. I can't believe that she said that. Is that how kids today see the world, credit cards and loan companies? If so the future is going to be full of debt.

No comments: