Thursday, February 17, 2005

Hardest Drug

Well it looks like the cold that I had a couple of weeks ago has returned. I don't know why it has either, it's not like I did anything to help this. I know that I washed my hair last night, but I dried it before going to bed, more so as I've just got myself a new hair dryer. This is seriously screwing me up now. This cold has cost me a hospital appointment, which to date hasn't been rearranged either.

So what else has gone on? Well the self examination took place, but it's not been 100% successful this time. I know that I'm around 75% certain to apply for the job at Barnardo's, but I'm still around 90% sure that I can't work there right now. It's an interesting situation I find myself in. I do wish life would be a bit easier for me every now and again. I've worked all my life to find happiness, but like I keep telling people, happiness is a drug. It's much harder than any other drug in the world, because once experienced, you want more and more, and it's harder to find once you've found it once. I'm sure that at some point in my life I'll look back and smile at things, and think to myself why did I worry? That point isn't here right now though is it!

I'm not sure what adventure is going to unfurl itself today, it's a damp squalid morning here in beautiful Salford. It's the type of day you wish you can stay indoors and do nothing, but it's also one of those days that if you did such a thing, you regret it. So I'll have to get out and do something, and see if something really good happens.

The hockey season in Canada was called off yesterday, and though of no great suprise to those who have followed the sport, it's a crying shame. The players aren't greater than the clubs, and they should be respectful that they've been so well paid for the jobs they do. They should also understand that the fruit tree isn't always as plentyful as it has been. Right now the fruit is drying up and less is available, such is life you have to accept it. Of course they want to maintain the standard of living, but most of these guys earn more in a month than I do in a year, and they feel that it's unfair to take a pay cut. Well if they had to live off just $1200 a month, they'd soon be grateful. I'd do there job if they offered me the chance, most Canadian's would, so get it sorted lads.

No comments: