Friday, November 26, 2004

End of one Journey

So here I am at the end of another working week, and I feel ok. I hope that I can say the same tonight, and that nothing goes wrong at work today. I've had enough of that happening to be honest, though with all due respect I can't see anything going wrong, apart from some major disaster.

Well the title suggests some sort of journey's end, and that's how I see what went on yesterday. I've been attending a hospital clinic for over 4 years now, probably more like 5 years, but I'm not counting just yet. Anyway, yesterday saw me traverse the country to the city of Leeds. Not one of my favourite towns as it has a tendancy to dislike Manchester/Salford with the type venom that can cause riots and deaths. Enough of that, as I said for the past few years I've made regular visits to this city and more so to the two main hospitals in it, and yesterday I was discharged from one. Now that is something that I sort of expected and was happy to do, but in a way it's a sad day to say goodbye. For all I've said previously about the city of Leeds, I've now got very little excuse to go and visit it, but yet in terms of shopping and things, I've got a soft spot for it. I guess the hospital visits have perhaps clouded my judgement.

By being discharged the end of one part of my life's journey is now complete, and the next journey is just about to start, I've mentioned in the past week about that journey here, and so you know all about it. I described it as closing the gate on what has gone on and though it's not shut 100% locked, it's not likely to be opened up real soon. The past is the past and though for the main I want to forget the past, I've got to embrace it at times and accpet that it is the past no matter how much I want to forget about it. So having climbed Everest, I'm now at the foothills of K2, such is the journey of my life.

Going away from my life in the past, and the future, I met up with Janet last night. It was only the second time in about 2 months we've met after a very long time apart. Janet is a star, a former volunteer at Barnardo's with me, and to be honest she was every bit as capable of doing the job of Assistant Playleader as I was, in fact she'd have made a better Playleader. Still that wasn't her career calling. Mind you, we should have spotted her career calling at that point, the amount of beer that we both consumed should have suggested something. Still as we hadn't seen or heard from each other for just over 7 years to hear from her again via,
www.friendsreunited.co.uk
was something of a happy shock. Lot's has happened to me since we'd last spoke so I've had to cram that into the couple of meetings, but Janet being the star she is, has been fine about it.

So it is that I'm free of one hospital, I'm waiting to hear from two others, well three if I'm honest, but the third one won't get in touch I know that, as it's been way too long since they said they'd get back to me and haven't. I do wish they would as that's in Leeds also and an excuse to go over there again would be nice. One of the other two is local and is dealing with the liver situation, whilst the second one is in the city of Leicester. I'm awaiting a date for surgery from them, and hope it's going to be sometime soon. I'm not holding my breath, but hey that's life I guess, it's all about patience. Once these two hospitals are done with me, I'm on my own again, and free of the medical world, in some way. I know that I'll be a regular at the doctor's even if it's just for the regular prescriptions I have, but that's not like being a regular hospital visitor.

A side note here..... I've mentioned two Janet's so far in my blog's. Janet above is English and a very good friend. The other is Janet from Canada, it was her inspiration which got me writing this blog as such. It would be corny to refer to Janet in Canada as J-Lo, I'm sure she's heard that one before so many times. Even worse would be to call her JC, with reference to her nationality. So I think it's going to be something of a read and make a guess as to which one I'm refering to. Of course I can't just go out for a drink with someone in Canada can I??? Anyway, Janet, you may be far away in Canada but have a great Birthday today won't ya, your a great person and don't let anyone say otherwise.

No comments: