Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Beep, Beep, Beep, this person is looking forward.

Reflection has been the tone for the last few posts and I do do a lot of reflecting I guess.  I know that I look at the past, as it defines the present, which in turn defines the future, but do I need to be so reflective?  

The obvious thing is that with time on my hands, I do have spells where reflection distracts me from the regular bumps and grinds of everyday life, but it does seem at times like it's all I ever do, or at least when I'm writing in here.  So what do I need to do to stop it?  Do I need to stop it?  I really don't know.  

So far this current year has been a success, I'm sure at some point things will go wrong, I said that about my holiday, right up till the day I flew to Canada, and all was well.  Then of course , and not noted in here, the rain fell and Canada experienced some of the worse flooding it's seen in many a year and it sort of hindered a lot of my plans on the trip, or should that be my aunt's plans for my trip... Needless to say though, I had a hugely fun time out in Canada, and so far the rest of this year has been good, with things coming off either as planned or better.  This is in contrast to normal and so I guess with that contrast I'm writing this post.  I think that the train of this post is that for once perhaps I can look forward with some hope that things might happen in my favour.  I'm not counting on any chickens if you know what I mean, but for a change things have taken place as they were planned or sort of.  So perhaps I can look forward to things rather than having to look back?  That of course would be different, and I'll have to see how that works, but it's exciting I guess.

No comments: