Sunday, August 04, 2013

Keeping the dream alive

August is upon us once more and sooner than we will guess so will be the end of another year, it has flown by this year.  I've already mentioned how good this year has been in a previous post, so I'm not going to go over that again.  Yet, it's hardly 5 minutes or so it seems that I got the phone call to go to Canada.  

I know that I'm looking forward to possibly a new beginning in a few years time and whilst my target may never happen, this dream is more probable than my lifetime dream of canoeing down the Amazon.  I fear that may never happen and that I may never even get near the said river in my lifetime.  It does though remain a dream and I'm not going to stop dreaming about that, and why should I?  It would be a remarkable experience to undertake and achieve.  So I continue to dream that one day I'll be in a position to do such a wonderful dream, and that whilst my realism dampens that dream, it's not going to be taken away from me, nor has it over the years.

That's possibly the strangest thing I've written some how, but it's true, I've never lost the above dream.  It's kept the same despite all the other things falling around my ears, and the realisation that a lot of my dreams will never take place.  Why has that never wavered or altered?  Why if I can maintain that dream, that I have so easily and quickly lost other dreams??  What is it that keeps that going?  Why can't I see what that holds on me and apply it to the others?  It's strange isn't it and it isn't easily explainable if at all.  

Looking forward though, these new dreams are possible, but I've got to work at it, I've got to learn, I've got to research and then deliver, before even contemplating putting the second phase into action  If, and I say if it comes off, is there anything else really holding me back from this dream?  You know I don't think there is.

Something happened in Canada, I can't explain it, and I can't recall saying this here, but I'm going to say it now, I've got no attachment to where I am any more, it's just a place I live, yes it's home, and always will be, but home no longer has a leash around my neck.  It's time to move and move would be the thing I would do if phase 1 of the plan goes to plan.

No comments: