Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Thank You Freddie

Back again, and still none the wiser as to what went wrong over the weekend, but one thing is for sure, I'm a little stronger than I used to be and that's important I guess. In times gone by that would have sent me down into the abyss, instead right now, I'm still on the edge but still secure in the knowledge I'm not going to fall into it.

Anyway, what's helped this time more than previous? I don't know? I know that yesterday I had an appointment and had to drive to it, and all the way I listened to Queen. Every now and again I think it's vital to revert to trusted aids or your own personal favourites. Queen are my musical hero's and even if it was just 20 or so minutes of them blasting at full blast, it certainly acted like a slap across the face and cheered me up no end. I listened to the music rather than have it in the back ground and that took my mind away from what was playing on it. The diversion worked and here I am writing about it.

What ever works I guess, but as I say every once in a while if things aren't good, go dig out something you like, be it a film, some music etc and just watch, listen or do something that you've not done properly for ages. See how it helps cheer you up, see how it distracts you and gives you that little space to realise that what ever the problem that put you on the spot was isn't always the worst thing ever.

No comments: