Saturday, January 07, 2006

Bring It On

You try to do what's best for everyone, and then something comes and shoots it down. I'm not sort of complaining here, but I'm a little frustrated by it all. As regulars will be aware, I've been doing some work for the school I used to work at on a pay as I go basis, involving driving the minibus, as they have never had a regular driver besides myself. Well yesterday was the last time. It's not that they don't want me, though I suspect one or two people will be glad, it's more that the authority are clamping down on who drives the bus and using the insurance as a reason to bring everyone into line.

I don't mind too much, but it causes so many problems up at that place for so many people that, I feel a little sad. More so as my last connection has to a point gone. I'll still be going in with my current job, but it's not going to be the same as such. Still if that's how it's going to be, then so be it, I can't complain can I?

Things apart from that are quite normal, and I'm plodding along in the groove. I've got my broadband upgraded for free today, it's gone from being a 3mb service to being 10mb which is quite a bit quicker me thinks....... I'll use it to the full potential, but I'm not as bad as I used to be, but that was then, now it's more what I need and if I need.

It's FA cup weekend, and it's probably one of the few times in the year I look forward to seeing all the teams play. It brings together the top teams in the land against those from the lower regions of football and makes them all equal. Well as equal as it can be. When you have a team that has been brought together at a cost of say £100m compared to say £500,000. It's what makes the cup fun as it's a one off game and anything can happen. Of course you don't want your team to be the one embarrassed by the lower teams, but every now and again it does happen. So it just adds that bit more to the games. BRING IT ON is all I can say...

No comments: