Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Entertainer!!!

Some times, I can go weeks without having something annoy me.  Some times it's days or hours.  Right now it's something that I'm doing that's annoying me.  I've got the theme from the movie "The Sting" in my head, "The Entertainer" as it's called is driving crazy.  Now OK, it isn't that bad in terms of musicality, but it's a song that has a history of driving me crazy.  As a child, the next door neighbour's children were both in the local Youth Orchestra, and whilst the son played the trumpet, he'd practise in the back room, which was where we had our living room.  All we'd head were the muffled sounds of him practising his scales, then when he finished his sister would come in and practise.  As she played the piano, her choice of of song was "The Entertainer".  Now listening to that 2 hours a night, 7 nights a week for near enough 4 or 5 years, is it any wonder it can drive me crazy??

So why I've got it in my head right now I don't know, but I want to rid myself of it.  I find myself whistling away and then have to stop and think of something else.  It's stupid I know, and it shouldn't bother me, but the bloody tune is getting to me.  I've just realised that I'm tapping the tune with my foot as I type.  I tap my feet anyway at times, but not to any beat, till I'd spotted that then.  AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!

On another note, life goes on day after day.  The seasons are changing the temperatures dropping quicker than the leaves from the trees, and it is only a matter of time before we see houses putting up decorations for Christmas.  I know it's 60 days away, but the rush for it to come get's quicker every year.  However, I wonder under the current economic situation how many people will be decorating the outside of the houses as much as they had started to?  The cost of the electric for houses that do that must be huge, so I'm guessing with all the rises in fuel bills it's got to prevent some people right??  Though I must say the Trafford Centre (local shopping mall) are switching on it's Xmas lights tomorrow, which is just plain stupid if you ask me.  Even though Halloween hasn't always been a big event as it currently is in the UK, we've had Bonfire Night/Guy Fawlkes night on Nov 5th to celebrate with fireworks and fires, we should be letting them be celebrated first before we start to think about Christmas.

Enough of my ranting on that subject, it comes out every year and I do nothing and no matter how hard I'd try I wouldn't be able to change the way things are going.  So I'll rant in my own world and allow those who read my muses a little insight into my little fixations.  It's the one door into me that I allow everyone I guess, though how much of a door I don't know.  However, it's there. 

No comments: