Thursday, May 19, 2011

Weekend appointments.

All right, lets go writing, everything is going well, I'm still cheerful, I'm not letting anything get me down, so this is the recovery that I had talked about, the one I'd hoped for and I'm glad it came. I'll be honest, I may talk about not being bothered if I live or die, but I do think we all have that within us at some point or other, and that some of us have it more than others.

Anyway, what's new? Well I've just got an hospital appointment today so I can have the nerves in my arm seen to. However, this is where things get a bit crazy. I've never had an appointment at any medical facility on a Saturday. Yes, I've been into A&E, and have spent weekends in hospital before now, but I've never had an appointment. That's the first bit of crazy the second one is that it sounds like these tests are going to be in a mobile unit situated on a car park!! That isn't sounding great, but then I've got to get up to Bolton for 10am as well. I am not too impressed by that, but I'm going to have to live with it. Yes, if I had my car, yes if I had any money to run said car it wouldn't be too bad, in fact it would be a matter of a 15 or 20 minute trip up and back.

However to add to all of this it's going to be on a Saturday when I'm supposed to be in Manchester at Trec..... Oh the joys of life! I'll find a way to get to both events, I'm clever like that, but it's going to be a bit of a push, but that's what life is about isn't it? Pushing yourself to limits? I know I'll be desperate to get to Trec as quickly as possible, but right now I don't know what the program is and nor is there any real reason as to why I should rush, it's unlikely that I'd get into the building before any of the first sessions start, so I'm going miss them no matter what. Yet, come that Saturday, those of you who know where my facebook page is, will find posts saying how unhappy about the bus or/and train journey I'm taking to get back is taking time wise etc.

What else is new? Well not a lot to be honest, I spoke with my niece last night all be it on facebook for the first time in ages. I didn't even know she's joined or has formed a band, which is really cool, she's not even 15, but she's already said that they'll be doing some recording next month. I'm looking forward to hearing the output from them. I know it isn't going to be the greatest thing I've heard, but it will be good to hear what they are doing and how well she plays the guitar on the songs. Me I'm just taking each day as it comes. I would love to be having a BBQ today, I've not had one for ages, and even if near enough everyone does the same thing on them, i.e. burgers and sausages it's still nice every now and again and something that would be nice.

No comments: