Sunday, April 25, 2010

Here I am again, in a great mood, however a grey cloud is forming and so I need to write. Not that I'm too concerned over the cloud, because I've spotted it and whilst I may not be able to do anything about the situation as such I'm aware of it and thus preventing the cloud getting any bigger.

So what of the cloud? Well to be honest, I've got no music on, I've got no tv shows to watch and I just fancy a chat to someone, and it hasn't been forthcoming all day. So I guess I just want some communication with someone. I know I'll be heading to my mum's in a bit, but it isn't exactly the communication that I want right now. I want a friend to chat to, about something, anything.

Still that's the gripe of the day, it's the only down side on the way things are right now. I'm feeling happy, I'm feeling fitter than I have done of late, as all the walking I'm doing in preparation for the sponsored walk I'm doing is going well. My mind is focussed on that, and after doing a exteneded training run that was equal to the 10km that I'm walking in July I feel really positive about this now. So much so that my mind is slowly turning to the next event after this and that was one that went ahead last week in Manchester. That was a complete marathon walk through the night. If I can maintain my training once the event is over, I may well start to consider doing this event next year, it would be a challenge, but if I start from here in terms of building up for that event I shoud be fine. Stopping there though, as I don't want to get to ahead of myself, this walk I'm down for doing is the most important right now. I was very pleased about this morning as the previous attempt after 1 weeks training had to be aborted or should I say cut short. This time 2 weeks later and I'm through the barrier and now finishing the walk distance. This bodes well, and I'm really pleased with the way things are.

The feel good factor about feeling fitter is great and I am certainly seeing more self confidence coming through, all I need to do is sort out the face and I'll be laughing and joking all the way. Let's just hope I can continue the motivation after the walk too continue.

No comments: