Saturday, May 15, 2010

Up's and Down's

Here we are again, another post and perhaps something to write, however as ever I'm not 100% sure. I'm bored, I can't think of what to do and so I thought I'd write. If 15 or 20 yeas ago you'd tell me that on a Cup Final Saturday, at 15.10 I'd not even be bothered over the FA Cup, I'd have laughed at you, but that's how it is today. I'm not remotely interested, is that a good thing or a bad thing? I don't really know, but what I do know is that unlike years gone by I'm not bothered about watching it. I'm writing about it here, but that's because of the way I feel about the final.

Not too much has taken place since the last post, I've not read that prior to typing this out as I would only want to answer what ever questions I wrote down in that entry and whilst that's informative to you the reader, if there is any readers, what it does to me, is stiffle where I'm taking this post and we've been through that discussion haven't we before.

What I am finding is that my hands are a little cold and thus I'm not typing with the ease that one would want and that on occasion I'm making silly little mistakes, which many years ago when I learned to type would have cost me many marks in an exam. I'd be using tipex or it's like to blot out any of the mistakes that I'm making and they are quite frequent. I think that's one of the greatest advantage of computer word processing. After thinking back about times gone by recently I figure that the computer has helped us change the way we do things and whilst tipex and it's similar product competitors made millions in the 80's and early 90's trade must be seriously slow these days. How long has it been since we all carried a bottle of that sort of stuff in our pencil cases or on our desks? Now it's all about the delete key and if on proof reading we spot further mistakes we go back to what we've typed correct it and then reprint.

I guess all this nostalga has come about after watching a few programmes on the tv about the 1980's, and yes whilst it may have been a naff decade as such, it was the era I grew up in and so some of the naff stuff was in fact uber cool when you were there in the middle of it all. Computers were new toys, walkmans had just been invented, and to have a walkman with a radio was something else. It's things like that, which remind me that whilst we may all be rather gloomy and unsure of what's around the corner, that we've been here before, we've suffered uncertainty and financial problems, and we pulled through it. Like the many times that I've talked about my moods being the total opposites of themselve and I'm sure I've compared it to a roller coaster, so is the state of the country, we're down at the bottom right now, but we'll get stronger and get back to the top of the hill again.

No comments: