Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What to do?

I'm slightly bored, I've stopped walking for a few days as my back and feet have been crippling me. I've got to arrange for an X-ray on my back tomorrow, to see if that's showing anything. In many ways I do hope they find something as I have had a back problem for many a year, probably since around the age of 14/15. It's not something that has caused too much problems, more a discomfort and always a few days of resting it. However, as I've started walking, with the view of the 10km walk in Manchester in July, and my back starting to play up, I thought it should be checked out. I have this walk to target and I don't want anything to prevent me from taking part. Also with a target of walking a marathon in Manchester next year, I need to have some sort of answers as to enable me to do such a walk.

However, that's for then, I've not got anything to do right now, and that's why I'm bored. I've caught up with all the TV that I normally watch and whilst I've had some paracetamol for my back under doctors orders, I'm not even going to attempt to walk till tomorrow. At least I'll have enough paracetamol within the system to kill any pain if I do aggrivate my back again. So I'm at a loss of what to do, and what makes it frustrating is that I've a meeting at 15.40 today, basically an hour away and so I've had plenty of time to kill before that, and that's caused the boredom.

So what do I need to do? I don't know I could read I suppose, but then the more I read the less I have to read and that creates problems further down the line, not that I'm openly bothered. Oh the joys of trying to counter every option I've got of doing something different, something to take the boredom away. It isn't too bad, not but I guess I just want to do something that will fill the time which is fairly different.

Oh well, I should point out that I had a job interview last Thursday, and though I didn't get the job, I've just had some positive feed back. I only failed to get the job on the grounds that my eperience has always been in the care industry, which is something that I sort of suspected and while I knew that would hinder me, and though I thought it wouldn't bother me not getting this post, it has. I'm left to wonder then where I go from here. If I can't find a job in an alternate industry to the care industry what am I going to do? I really would like to try something different and something that perhaps is slightly outside of my box as they say. Still I really do need to look at this again now.

Anyway, enough for now, the interview this afternoon is now less than 40 minutes away, I need to get ready and walk down to it. I don't want to be late, I don't like being late, so the sooner I'm there the sooner I'm back and then I can concentrate on arranging the X-ray.

No comments: