Sunday, July 17, 2005

Potty

Ok, perhaps not the most original title this weekend, but hey so what? I can't think of anything else and as I've read the 6th book in the Harry Potter series this weekend (yes, I know it was only published yesterday!), what else could I call this entry?

Perhaps more on that in a bit, but this past couple of days has been really chilled out and a really enjoyable weekend. I said earlier this weekend that I'd spend some time away over the next week reading the Harry Potter book, well it was such a nice and easy read that it was read in just over 24 hours. I'll sit down and read it again at some point, if only to pick up on bits that I may have lost in the first read. I didn't particularly read fast, it was just a marathon read session. It did include a spell reading in my mum's backgarden. That was so neat. I should start reading more, and while the weather is good read more in the open.

It did me good to be reading most of the weekend, as it kept me away from here, but it also gave me a well earned rest. At no point did I really feel like doing any work towards my playscheme, and I didn't even think of going and getting my stuff from work to do anything at home. Right now I'm at an odd point in planning, as everything is virtually done, I'm just waiting on a couple of people to get back intouch with me and then that's that. I could have this all done by Tuesday night. That would be fun in terms of getting things sorted and together and relaxing a bit towards the weekend.

I'm out next weekend, which I'm looking forward too, and also I've got to start thinking of what to wear for Maureen's wedding. I've no idea and will probably end up at Matalan again looking for something. I do need my haircut, which I may get done next Monday night in prep for the playscheme's. That would be funny, to walk into work on Tuesday morning, hat on and nobody aware of any changes, till I get to base. I don't think I could pull that one off again, like I did with Maureen at uni, but hey who knows. I should point out this story. Whilst at uni, I'd come home for the weekend and gone back on the Monday. In the afternoon we had free periods as it was a time when uni's were getting computer suites in, rather than everyone having a computer I went into work there. I'd had my hair cut over the weekend and had gone from long hair to really short. I sat down next to Maureen, and worked for about 2 hours before she recognised me.......

Going back to the Potter book, it was a better read than the previous book, and it too me anyways points me to the direction of the last book, and where it will end. I have a great idea, but of course I can't be sure. I enjoyed this book quite a lot, so much so that I just sat down and read it. If I struggle with a book, I can only read a chapter or two before putting the book down for an hour or three. This one was put down only to rest my eyes and make sure that I had a drink.

Well not a long entry and not a entry to get you thinking or to get me thinking. That's the essence of it all really. I don't have to do that all the time, but I tend too. As it happens, I should thank this Blog entry. I need to look on the BBC's website, and go and listen to Just A Minute on Radio 7. I know it's a repeat, and that the new series on Radio 4 can't be far away, but if you've never listened to this show, go give it a try. It may take some getting used too, but it's certainly very funny. I just checked and the new series of Just a Minute started last Monday, so I've just listened to that and going to listen to the Radio 7 repeat of the show from 1981.

No comments: