Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Lazy days - Energy Rechargers

Well yesterday wasn't exactly a total lazy day, but I did go and see my friend Maureen, in the afternoon, and wow what a difference an afternoon makes. I complained on Monday of having little or no energy to do anything. Well I don't think it's been a total recharge, but the fact that I spent most of yesterday afternoon lazing around in the sun has helped recharge my batteries.

I didn't have to talk or think about work, which helped, we just chatted about anything and everything. That is what I needed and I'm sure as hell going to make sure that I add more sessions like that into my diary over the next few weeks. I've made sure that most of the Thursday's that I'm off I've got things to do, which should help me. I know that if push comes to shove I'll probably end up helping out on Playscheme, but that's only if it's really desperate for it to happen.

Something that I should point out here, is that I was so recharged yesterday evening that I went back into work and did some work whilst no one was around. I find that working in the office late after everyone has gone so much better, it's easier to sit and do things. Also it means that all the resources are available to you right away and you don't have to fight with 11 others at the same time. The only problem of course is that you do a job and then think you've cracked the whole ball game, and whoosh it back fires and you've gone and made a huge error. Still I can correct the mistake I made and be confident of being able to correct that today.

On the topic of work, I had to partake in a first aid course last week, and since then it's been non-stop. Wednesday night after the said course finished, I picked my mum up from bingo and on the way home spotted someone collapsed. Thankfully it was opposite the hospital which is about 200 yards away from my mum's house, and two nurses were on the scene. Last night again after dropping mum off, and this time going shopping I spotted an RTA. The person involved had an open fracture of the lower leg. It was just what I needed. I don't think I want to do the seizure control training this Friday, as that involves inserting medication where the sun don't shine.....

Back to me..... I seem to have picked myself up from the low's that were last week. I think it's the fact that I've been praised at work for being in the position I am with the preparation for playscheme's. I know that I like to be told if I'm doing well or not, and I think that may have been something to do with my mood. I know we all like to be praised, but at times I like the opposite, if only to tell me where I am in terms of projects. The fact that I'm my own worst enemy in all of this is also a factor. I have to admit that my biggest concern is making a huge mess of this and my world falling apart around me.

With the headteacher of the school I worked at retiring next week, I've been looking back on the past couple of months and the past few years as such. I've been looking into the reasons why I did leave school, and all the emotions that I went through with that. I have to say that I think I made the right move. I know that I'm enjoying working with the children again, a lot more than I did at school. I've got more contact time, and no longer have to look over my shoulder when I've got contact. Then again, at least I knew my role at school, at Barnardo's I'm not clear, as the playscheme's have taken a priority. I want to get my case load up to full by the end of October, and want to be filling my hours in without concern. The problem then is that I want to take a few holidays which won't help with the building of the working partnership between the children and myself.

One thing that I've noticed since I left the school though is that I'm feeling respected by my peers once more. I'm no longer the ladder carrier, I'm an equal to my colleagues and that's such a nice thing. I also think that has made me a nicer person to know. I feel so much more relaxed, that my friends are feeling the benefit as such. If I were to ask Lisa, how she feels I've been of late and how much better I've been in terms of being a friend to her, I'd suggest she'd say better than I have been for a while. It is of course a matter of opinion that.

It looks like it's going to be another hot summer's day, one which may be a lazy day again, as I've certainly started to get the hours in work already this week. So I think this afternoon may be spent in the garden at work, filling in sheets that will then need posting. These sheets are the one's I messed up last night, so I've got to do them today.

Sorry if the topic is all about work today, it wasn't supposed to be, but as I set off and let my mind and fingers do the talking I just wandered from the topic to work and couldn't move. I can promise you that life isn't all about work, far from it. I now have an idea what sort of outfit that I've got to get for Maureen's wedding at the start of next month, which sounds great, but when I say it's only 3 weeks away I know I need to panic. PANIC me, I'd never do that honest, but here I am talking about it instead of doing something.

MESSAGE TO ALL READERS, THIS IS A THROWBACK TO THE OLD ME.

This entry has changed topics at will, gone in every direction possible, unintentionally, and totally off the cuff. Nothing was planned and I had no idea that what has been written would be written. Wow, in the good old days this would be the openning to a letter perhaps, which if Lisa were to describe the whole letter I'd be given the War and Peace description. What would be added is that little over 2 or 3 hours later I'd be doing the sequal to it, and making that perhaps longer still. So I'm going to stop now.

No comments: