Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Bright Start

It's a bright sunny morning in the wonderful city of Salford. It's been a decent week in terms of the weather and yesterday though in some ways sad, was also in others a wonderful day.

After work had finished at lunch time I got to mum's to find that she's going to complete the sale of her house next week, and be out of the family home on Friday of next week also. It's the end of an 80 year connection to the drive for our family, but hey all good things come to an end I guess at some point. That was the sad bit I guess, as I couldn't see us leaving that place, it was so perfect, but it got to big for mum in the end and we have to move on from here.

The plus side was the time spent with AJ yesterday. At first she was reluctant to go out, and it took some work to get her out, but in the end we went out and she did enjoy herself. It was important to get her out though we ended up in the strangest of places, but still at least it was fun and yes I did spoil her ever so slightly and will do again shortly, but hey that's the way it is. That made my day yesterday and to see her be so pleased was fun to see. I'll have her on Friday as well, which gives me a full day to fill, but that's easily done as I've plenty of places to which I can take her or activities to make the day seem short.

Today I'm off to Preston, which should be fun, thoguh how much I don't really know. It's going to be a tough day, but one I'll enjoy. Then it's back here to play on the new toy in the flat... A new pc, which I'm quite happy to say isn't just your basic machine like both of other pc's that I've had.

No comments: