Saturday, August 05, 2006

Neglect

This past week or so I've managed to neglect this site and I'm sorry for it. I promise you readers how ever few are left that it wasn't intended to be that way. It's just been a very draining week at work, the first week or so of playscheme's always are.

So I made it through the week, only just mind you. By 10.30am yesterday, whenever anyone asked me if they can help me, my stock answer was "Yes, here's some money go find me a bottle of JD and some Coke!" Out of the 3 playscheme's I'm running yesterday was by and far the most stressful, and probably the worst of the 3. I feel slightly guilty in that, but then last year I was complaining that my playscheme was going awful, and yet everyone enjoyed it. So I'm saying what I am, knowing that for others it's exactly the opposite of my own views.

I'm locked in a mini battle within as to should I go through the week in detail or should I leave my playscheme there on here and talk about other things. So I'm going to try and leave the topic and then if it comes later then so be it.

Apart from playscheme's this week has also seen a slight problem at my mum's with her bringing her sister back to her place to help look after her. My aunt isn't well, and from the early reports it's not a good prognosis, but that isn't confirmed yet. That is unfortunate, but the problem is that I don't think my mum's health is 100% far from it. If anything this won't help her and it isn't the actions that I would have either expected or wanted from her to be honest, but I can't tell her that. So I'm concerned for my mum's health as much as I am for my aunt's. Then to add to this my sister is working and leaving my neice with my mum. That meant that on Thursday I HAD to go around and look after my neice, which isn't a problem, I love that, but right now it was very much a bus man's holiday. Yet, Friday was different, my neiece would be left at my mum's all day as I was working. I felt bad about that, and helped solve the problems by taking "our" dvd's for her to watch.

The term "our" dvd's comes from the deal she always set's up. She knows that I enjoys some of the films that I take her to see. The likes of Shrek, Monster's Inc, etc. So the deal she comes up with, is that she wants the dvd's as the film was ace! If you buy it we can share it!! You buy it for me, but I'll let you share it with me. The terms are always altered so that I keep the dvd's and she has to ask me for them. That way they don't stop at her house all the time and leave me with nothing, to take to work etc. So yesterday when I took "our" dvd's round, they included, Shrek 2, Monster's Inc, Finding Nemo, Harry Potter 1 & 2 and The Incredibles. I know my neice was talking of watching all the Harry Potter films in one go, which would have taken her all day, but I'm not sure which of the films she did watch, but mum did say she was upstairs watching them all day.

So yesterday was taken care of, even if by taking the dvd's I could bribe her into letting me take her phlat ball to playscheme's. She goes on holiday for a week on Monday so next week is taken care of and with my aunt due to go home next week, I'm feeling a bit happier for that period, but I'm not sure as to how much longer we can let our aunt stay on her own. I know it's not our responsibility, but at the end of the day unless my cousin does something then it is down to us. As much as my sister and I tell our mum, she'll ignore us both and continue to try and look after my aunt.

And now it's the weekend, and time for rest and also a little catching up on things. I've really got to relax a little and try and recharge the batteries for the week ahead. I've also got to watch the last remaining dvd of the Six Feet Under season 4 boxset that I bought a couple of weeks ago. Once that is done, I can start watching and listening to the audio commontaries for the episodes. I've spoken at length before in this blog of my love for this show, and I can only restate that now, it's by far one of the greatest tv shows of all time, and I'd suggest that it's final episode is the greatest final episode of all time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woo hoo, JD and coke! Bring it on!