Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 and all that jazz

Time to look back at 2017, time to contemplate where I am at, what I've done and what's to done I guess.

For what seems like the first time in ages, I'm not looking back at the year and thinking it can f**k off, I may have had some difficult times with my moods and have fought them valiantly though I have to say that I may have revised the letter no one wishes to write, wants to write and I'm fully aware the consequences that that letter if sent has for me.  However, I'm not handing it to anyone yet, I'm not letting it go anywhere till I feel I have to send it or hand it over.

That perhaps doesn't sound good, but it is good as I'm being reflective and proactive in this.  I know it's there, it's the final measure, and I guess I've been looking forward to the point where I might have to use it, but the emphasis on that is MIGHT.

So 2017, I've had a few downward spirals, but for the main it's been one of steadiness, one where I can't complain about what has gone on.  I'm now working down my medicine doses, to the point where in February of next year, I'll be just one lot of tables which I'll be so happy about.  Hopefully I'll be able to keep it like that for the future, but you can never predict your health.

The highlight though of this year, was a holiday to Canada, one that I planned and executed with everything going to plan.  I offered a place to a work colleague who came with me, and I have to say that was the best thing I could have done.  I would have done the same stuff I think, but I think I may have spent more money and not seen a few things that I won't forget.  I guess a holiday is something that I should always consider to break up my life every so often.  It was just so nice to be away, in great weather, great company and in a beautiful country.  I met up with old friends for the first time in ages and I felt so good.

From starting off in the lounge at Manchester airport to landing in Edmonton...  Yes, Edmonton and a trip to Rogers Place, I've mocked fans from overseas for turning up at Old Trafford, but I am happy to admit I did the same at Rogers Place.  To visiting the art gallery, before heading west to see the beauty of the country more than ever, it was a joy.  The drive over the Sea to Sky Highway will stick with me for ever, just thinking about it I'm envisaging parts of that drive right now and the sheer beauty of it.  To the joys of rafting that I couldn't do the last time I went.  Plans are a foot for a return trip and one which I hope will involve my niece, I'm not 100% that will take place, but I'm slowly working on it.

Anyway, for a change it's a fond farewell to the year, one that will provide lots of memories of the positive variety.  

No comments: