Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sound of life is silent.

As I begin this post with a free canvass to write upon, my mind is drawn to the sounds of life I can hear.  The tap, tap, tap as my fingers hit the keyboard, the whirring of the computer to my left.  Outside my flat, the russell of the trees as they are blown by the rather breezy wind, in the distance a emergancy vehicles siren's are sounding and yet the world is silent....  

Over the past week I've been trying to get out walking and exercising and have done so every day, though today I had to reduce the miles I walked, my legs didn't have any zip, no energy to walk and it was a struggle to say the least.  Maybe the wind played a part in that, but I think it's the previous days of exercising that caught up with me.  18 miles on Saturday, 5 on Sunday, 7 on Monday and 5 on Tuesday all walking and add to that on Tuesday night I swam a mile.  I felt OK walking, but then I cracked and my legs just couldn't carry me.  Thankfully I can always cut my walks with them all being local and I can make my way home considerably quicker than I would if I had tried to to finish the walk.  So I'll rest up today and wait till tomorrow afternoon before heading out on a walk again.  

It's annoying that I ended up as I did this morning as I didn't want to have to curtail the walk and knew that by doing so I was giving in, in some way and that isn't like me.  However, I am also aware that I had done the swim the previous night which after the walk earlier in the day was perhaps too much, so I have to be careful.  I'm not as young as I once was, I'm not as fit as I once was, so I've got to protect myself.  Just I do in other area's of my life, I have to take moments to assess where I'm at and to act accordingly.  

Like my walk this morning, I've come to a stop, I've got plenty I could write about, but I'm not sure they fit in this entry and don't know what or how I'm going to write about what I want to write about...  So for now I'll depart, I may come back later on today, I may not however I'll return for sure

No comments: