Monday, January 24, 2005

Helping

Who says things can change is incorrect. Right now, I see my best friend suffering in a similar vein to which I'm accustomed, and it's not nice. I really don't like seeing others suffer, and have offered to help. It's the only thing I can do, as she's helped me so much in my life. I've put too much on her, in my opinion, but the friendship is strong enough to have withstood the battering I've given it. I've now got to show that strength in return, and for her that is no problem

This offers me a point, a chance to save myself, but for how much longer I don't care to think about right now. All I know is I have to be there for her, and that is something to aim at. My teeth are clamped together almost in determination to get past this month.

I see that today is being recognised as the day most experts are predicting that the winter blues will hit everyone. I don't know why they are saying this, but I'm aware of those blues and they've hit way before the blackspot that is today. Wonderful to know that I'll probably be placed in the same pigeon hole as everyone else, but I'm not my problem lies deeper, and those of you who do read this post or perhaps this blog will know that I've already come up with some ideas. I'm off to the doctors this morning about my moods, and there are one or two other items which need addressing today, which will take some things off my mind I hope. It's not been easy of late with all the little medical problems suggesting that on a physical level my body is collapsing. I feel strong, I want to be strong, but my body won't allow that.

So I'll leave here to start the process of getting ready, would already be doing so had it not been for the plug in the sink getting caught on something and not allowing me to fill the sink. I've had to wait for the water boiler to heat up some more hot water, as the first lot of water I used got lost by the fact the plug hole was open. At times these things are sent to try me I'm sure or they are a sign from above.

Oh one last point, tonight see's me return to volunteering for Barnardo's and that should be fun, being able to return to doing something. A return to my roots, and being able to use what if any skills I have. It may be a teenage group, but I've been having fun on this group since September, and though a new set of clients are now in place, it's going to be as much fun as before.


No comments: